· Listen to the concerns of the residents.
· Promote a civil and productive working relationship between the Council members
and the Mayor to achieve constructive results. · Manage the city's growth to balance the needs of the residents and the need for business tax revenue to
keep property taxes low.
and the Mayor to achieve constructive results.
· Manage the city's growth to balance the needs of the residents and the need for business tax revenue to
· Start making changes now in anticipation of the coming changes to the state tax code involving sales tax revenue.
· Work to preserve open space and view corridors to keep our city a beautiful place to recreate and live.
· Support the city's commitment to recycling while at the same time protecting the
right to opt out of the program.
· Ensure that Riverdale City recreation facilities benefit Riverdale residents first.
Possibly charge fees for residents of other cities to utilize the facilities that
Riverdale residents have paid for.
· Support the law enforcement and the fire departments to ensure that they have
necessary equipment and adequate training.
· Protect the budget and tax dollars of the city by prudent and wise spending.
· Make sure that Riverdale remains a great place to live, work, and shop.